Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Calendars: March 3

Calendars are about expectations.
The worst? online, blank box calendars
staring back at me, begging fulfillment,
like ground waiting to be planted,
defying me to ignore Special Days.

As if calendars are the gift of time.
Christmas brings more calendars;
Audubon nature calendars, art calendars
napping cat calendars, and humor calendars.
This year I made room for three.
all gifts from loving family.
Family photo calendars, warm,
benign, still on January’s picture.

Those daily calendars enslave.
On my daily art calendar, stuck on Feb 1,
the Gauguin women clash with my blue sofa.
My Learning-by-the-day calendar is the worst.
“Manana es un dia especial” reads
my Spanish Language calendar,
February 13th. Manana, tomorrow.
Manana, time awaits.
Manana I may get my calendars updated.
Manana I may put them all in a box.

No comments: